Dell shares some valuable cybersecurity facts and figures. Here are just 10 reasons small to midsize business need to make cybersecurity a priority.
- There are 4,000-plus ransomware attacks occur daily on business networks and home computers.
- Passwords are the most common data affected when a company is a victim of a cyberattack. Always use strong passwords and keep them confidential.
- 20% of businesses have been victimized by cyberattacks.
- 73% of businesses rate their company’s ability to detect cyberattack threats as inadequate.
- Only 35% of businesses said they could remain profitable for more than three months if they lost essential data.
- On average, attackers on a network are not detected for 146 days.
- 22% of employees at small to midsize businesses have lost a company-issued work device.
- In 2018, the FBI’s most wanted list included 41 cybercriminals.
- 63% of all network intrusions occur because of compromised user credentials.
- 45% of employees admit to engaging in unsafe security behaviors.
That’s a pretty stark picture of cybercrime and its impact on small business.
It’s up to business to provide employees with information and training on how to better protect critical company data through better security practices.
You can see and share the complete Dell infographic here.